The E.A.T. BlogDiscussions about community, food, art and more.
On November 16th, E.A.T. sat down with BJ Kocen, a co-owner and operator of the Glavé Kocen Gallery along with his Partner Jennifer Glavé (and their poodle, Lucy).
BJ and Jennifer were kind enough to sit down with us to discuss their role in Richmond’s community, both as a gallery and as a community hub.
Is a holiday really complete before the nightcap? I would argue, no, no it is not. So with that in mind, we’ve compiled a list of cocktails for the holidays this season.
Food deserts are an underlying cause for problems like obesity, chronic disease, shorter lifespan, poorer educational outcomes in nearby schools, and generally worse health for their residents. In order to address these problems, you have to approach them behaviorally as well as in terms of resources.
- Something Different for Dinner: Toying with Taste
- How to surprise oneself and others, and why
- A Conversation with The American Heart Association
- SYNAESTH-EAT-SIA: A Multi-Sensory Dining Primer
- A Molecular Gastronomy Starter Course
- Interview with The Wilton House Museum
- Community Profile: Glavé Kocen Gallery
- Our Holiday Cocktail List
- If You Fish A Man From A Food Desert…